carcar23

punch by another employer

I got punch by one of my employer at work I talked to the manager about it they didn't do nother so I go to the police station to do the claim I came back to work with the claim gave it to a member a manager to take a copy and let them see the bruise then I notice after standing up on my leg too long I have sharp pains so I went to the doctor came back to work and let them know I can no longer be in this store with someone who I have battery charges on and im am scared for my life knowing that he can have people come up there to fight me because I got him arrested so I was scared for my life and quit....so I want to know can I make a claim on my job fir that

You should be able to make a claim under workers compensation at least for your medical bills.

I'm not sure loss of earnings would be covered unless your injury rendered you physically unable to work (not the reason you stated).

If your employer won't cooperate with the WC claim, call your state's workers compensation regulatory agency for assistance.

You can also sue the other employee for whatever financial losses aren't covered by WC.

I also suggest you immediately file for unemployment compensation. You might qualify under the circumstances. No guarantee but UC is not retroactive so the sooner you file, the sooner you find out.

If you quit out of fear for your safety, no doubt unemployment will be awarded.

This may be what is called an "Intentional Tort", at least in Ohio, such can remove the WC aspect and you could be able to sue outside that venue. If I remember right, BOTH can be utilized for redress  (meaning legal compensation).

You need to schedule an appointment with a Worker's compensation attorney, the initial consultation is usually free.

Best of luck!

In any future posts, please make an effort to use something that resembles proper capitalization and punctuation.  Doing so will make it easier for others to read and understand what you write.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "make a claim on my job."  You probably have a good workers' comp claim and can sue the guy who did this to you.

You do not mention a state but WC is highly state specific and the circumstances matter. If you were punched as the result of a workplace based dispute, your odds of this being covered (medical bills directly related to the punch only, not compensation for quitting or unsafe environment or whatever) are higher than if you got into a tiff for non-work related reasons.

You are also welcome to pursue damages and such civilly against the guy who punched you but if it was just a punch, I would not expect much. Your best bet if you plan to pursue this is to talk to a lawyer.

×
×