shenannieisabitch

I was hit by my boss wife, how can I put her in the jail?

Hello, I want to ask: Just now when I was quitting my job, my boss wife hit me on my back head really hard. Then I tried to protect myself so I hit her back with a soft cover small notebook. Then she scratch my face.

I already went to the police station and the hospital.

I want to know is there anyway I could sue her? My face been scratched pretty bad. And she needs to know she can't hit anybody she wants in United States!!!

Unless she was taking another swing at you at the time, you shouldn't have hit her back.

"I want to know is there anyway I could sue her?"

It doesn't make sense to me that you think you cannot sue her.

If a prosecution doesn't take place in which she's expected to make restitution, I'd feel free to consider suing her if she won't settle with you.  Deliberate personal acts like this don't fall under the heading of workers' compensation, so at least you'll be spared that hassle.

Yes, it's true.

It's up to the DA to decide whether or not to prosecute, it's not up to you.

Unfortunately, the chances of her being prosecuted are slim because you hit back and then got scratched.

The burden of proof on a lawsuit is a lot less than the burden of proof for a criminal prosecution so you're better off going for the money, especially if you have a decent sized hospital bill.

Beyond that, though, moneywise it would be a small claim and you might consider suing in small claims court for the small claims limit. You can do that without a lawyer and for a small court and process service fee. If you sue her as an individual and leave the husband and the company out of it there could be enough pressure on her to pony up some cash to avoid a court judgment.

Realistically, that's the best you can hope for.

Just do it... file the papers in small claims court and have her served.     Just change the story a bit and say that  you defended yourself with the notebook and accidentally hit her which caused her to flip out even more and then scratch your face.  Take pictures of your face and hit her with the maximum that small claims allows.    Bottom line is that she shouldn't be hitting people on the head so hopefully the judge will agree and nail them with a big judgement.   She'll think twice before slapping people next time. 

While you are basically anonymous on this forum, I don't think I would recommend changing your story after having already put a different account onto a public forum.  The anonymity of the internet is not always as complete as people think it is.  While the previous poster may be correct that a judge will agree that your bosses wife shouldn't be hitting people on the job (I can't think of a job where it would be appropriate for your bosses spouse to hit you), you have put a different story on a public forum and judges typically don't like people who lie to them.  Plus if she was striking you, you might be entitled to self defense so would not necessarily be precluded in a lawsuit because you defended yourself with a small soft covered notebook.

×
×