ok_TellMeMore

Injured While Relocating for Employer

My employer offered me a new position which required me to move from Texas to California.  After moving out of my house in Texas and starting the trip to California, I fell off of the moving truck and sustained an injury to my shoulder, requiring a trip to the emergency room, followed by weeks of pain.  Because I was injured in an activity which was a condition of my employment in the new position, am I covered by Workers Comp?

Under this theory, anyone hurt on their commute to work could argue that it's a worker's comp claim (and the argument could get more ridiculous where someone says because they injured themselves getting dressed before heading to work, it's workers' comp).  I don't see it. 

×
×