icrossmyheart

Short Term Disability

I have been off work since July 31st due to sever back pain (bed riden). I filed for short term disability. My Dr wrote me off work from from August 6 thru the 24th for lumbar disc disease, However the pain I was having was in the Thorasic area. So after ordering a second MRI he wrote me off work from Aug 25 thru the 24th of Sept. The shor term disability team approved my first time off :) Unfortunetaly the have denied my second saying medical does not support. After 6 weeks of waiting, (supposdley they had a review board, and a peer to peer review)they denied the claim. Should I contact a lawyer for help because now the company I work for will not let me come back to work because of my work restrictions from my dr. So I cant, get benefits or go back to work. :( 

Advise greatly appreciated.

Guest FindLaw_Amir

Should I contact a lawyer for help because now the company I work for will not let me come back to work because of my work restrictions from my dr.

You may at least want to consult with a local Employment Lawyer to address your specific claim and advise you further on what your rights are. Many lawyers do offer a free consultation. 

×
×