charles29

planning and zoning dept

I just had a talk to the planning and zoning dept. and the health dept. on my property. I have a sign up that says no trespassing and a closed gate. they came on my property any way uninvited. now I live in a barn that is grandfathered in I have lost my job and i'm the only one working. I do not have the money to rent or buy. any way, I walked out of the barn and see these two guys in my yard I ask them what they are doing and then they tell me who they with. they tell me that I can not live in a camper on the property do to zoning, I knew that, ' that's why I am living in a barn' told them that, than they say I cant live in the barn. they pretty much said I can not live on the property unless the was a septic tank there. what are my options. there was no paper work handed to me, no documentation nothing.

I live in Davidson county north Carolina

If nothing has happened other than two guys told you something, then I'm not really sure what you mean by options. I guess your "options" would be to continue with your present living arrangements or change your living arrangements. By the way, who owns the property on which the barn where you live sits, and what did you mean when you said the barn "is grandfathered in"?

In the meantime, it might behoove you to read some of your local zoning and health related ordinances to determine whether your present living arragement is or is not legal.

Guest FindLaw_Amir

Who is telling you that you cannot stay in the barn? Who is the current owner of the barn?

×
×