rUSerious7

Employer broke confidentiality and possibly faked a random drug test list

My former employer informed me about a random drug test a couple hours after he received the email instructing me to report within the hour, my prior knowledge of testing policy had red flags flying at that time.  I refused to take it and was terminated.  The DER went and shared the details of the incident with another company that was working at the job site.  I confronted him and also reported it to HR.  Hr was supposed to investigate and get back to me with a response on that and also furnish me with the documentation from the third party that does the random selection.  I did not get the response on the confidential info being told, but HR did furnish a supposed list of random selection that has my name on it along with the wrong date.  I had good reason to believe that they were trying to fire me because of a wage issue.  What type of law does this fall under.  Several lawyers have said that it is not discrimination.  I want to pursue the issue because they also told me that I would be blacklisted from working near there again.  Any guidence will help.

Guest FindLaw_Amir

What would you like done about this matter? Did you suffer any damages as a result of this?

My former employer informed me about a random drug test a couple hours after he received the email instructing me to report within the hour

Received "the email" from whom?  Instructing you to report where?

my prior knowledge of testing policy had red flags flying at that time.

Huh?

The DER went and shared the details of the incident with another company that was working at the job site.

What does "DER" stand for?  I googled "der acronym" and found about two dozen possibilities.  If you're going to use acronyms that aren't a matter of common knowledge, you need to tell us what they stand for.  What "job site" are you talking about?

I confronted him and also reported it to HR.  Hr was supposed to investigate and get back to me

This is all after you got fired?

What type of law does this fall under.  Several lawyers have said that it is not discrimination.  I want to pursue the issue because they also told me that I would be blacklisted from working near there again.  Any guidence will help.

Your post is largely incoherent.  All I can tell is that you were fired because you refused to take a drug test.  There's nothing inherently illegal about that, so I don't really understand what the issue is.  That the "DER" -- whoever or whatever that is -- disclosed this fact to someone else also isn't inherently illegal.  You'll have to clarify the facts if you want something more than that.

×
×