adjusterjack

Tell us your state along with your question.

Laws can be substantially different from state to state.

There's often no way of answering your question without knowing what state laws apply and you only waste our time reading your questions only to realize that your question is state specific and you haven't named your state.

Rather annoying and discourages responses.

Guest FindLaw_Amir

I agree with the previous poster. According to the Answers FAQ's:

19. What are some tips for asking a question?
We are constantly receiving requests for tips on writing questions that are likely to get a response. Formatting your question with good grammar, spelling, and punctuation is a great start. Avoid writing in ALL CAPS as it feels like you are yelling. Additionally, it is helpful to include the state the issue took place, as many matters are governed by state law. Also, be sure to include relevant and helpful background details about your issue without including personal identifying information.

That's all well and good, but I don't think anyone really thinks anyone actually reads the Answer FAQ's, and we all know that, even if folks do read them, this gets ignored more often than not.  A pull-down menu that requires input of a state or "n/a" would be a simple modification to the software (as would the elimination of the automatic emoticons).

I'm on two other legal websites.

One of them has the following statement on the first line in the white space for posting a new question:

"My question involves __________ located in the State of:"

A poster has the option of deleting that but most don't delete it so the state of the poster appears right at the top.

The other website asks for the state during registration and the large majority of registrants provide it so it appears under their avatars every time they post.

You're right PG. A simple tweak of the software could put the question right out there in front of any poster.

I hope the administrators are reading this and do something about it soon.

Why on Earth are folks tagging questions onto this thread that have absolutely nothing to do with the topic of the thread or this particular board?!  This is, of course, a rhetorical question, but it supports the case for closing threads after a particular period of domancy.

I know.

But I get so tired of talking to walls that I just answer the questions. Sigh.

It's been over a year since I asked the administrator about the state issue.

Nothing's been done.

Well...in the time since you raised this issue, those little, silver state name tags have been showing up in a lot of posts.  It's apparently an optional thing, and they can be overlooked, but it's better than nothing.

On 7/17/2013 at 11:45 PM, adjusterjack said:

I just moved into an 8 suit apartment (4 other suits are still vacant) building in Lakewood, Ohio, Cuyahoga county, no written lease, just verbal. I paid the lady who manages the place for the “unknown owner” initial deposit of $1,500 BUT was told to make money orders out to “Cuyahoga county Treasurer office” I also noted on checks the property address the payment was for. 

Now I found out that the unit I’m renting had been vacant for over a year - gas utility co. Needed to do inspection and results of that inspection had to be faxed to the city of Lakewood buildings inspector in order to turn on the gas!!

What city or county records department can I query to get to the bottom of WHO OWNS and WHAT’s PROPERTY TAX STATUS and WHO LEGALLY OWNS or are there LIENS Against the property? 

The lady who’s managing the property for the “unknown owner” says we have to fix the broken (rotted) entry stairs ourselves and one of my movers fell thru the stairs when moving me in! 

The roof leaks, ceiling fan fixtures have shorts and don’t light! My cats have caught 3 mice and I’ve only been in this place 2 weeks!!!

what legal tenant rights do I have in Ohio and recourse do I have to demand “unknown owner” fix apartment discrepancies? I’m a female 64 yo disabled vet on disability pension I certainly don’t have ability to pay for repairs on a fixed income!!! Nor am I inclined to knowing how to fix rotted wood stairways!!! WHAT DO I DO LEGALLY?

On 8/17/2019 at 5:23 PM, Cmaria said:

I just moved into an 8 suit apartment

Stop tagging your stuff onto old posts that have nothing to do with your situation.  If you have a question, start your own thread.

27 minutes ago, Cmaria said:

I DID list my state, city and county of my issue. Do d you see that?

I sure did.  Why did you tag your post onto a thread that was started over six years ago, which has been dormant for nearly five years, and which has nothing whatsoever to do with the subject matter of your post?

×
×