frustrated59

Help!!!

I was hurt at my workplace, after 8weeks of teraphy, that didn't help at all, my Dr release me with restricctions. My employer fired me, they alleged the company is in bad shape. As a condition to pay me: paid time off(wich I acumulate) $741.00, 2weeks severance pay $$1126.67, HSA Contribution$1015.00, HSA Contribution (wich I paid) $$1000.00. I feel dicriminated due to my injuries and my age (59 years old). What can I do to get justice?

You're obviously free to consult with an employment law attorney to see if there is anything to this besides your "feelings" or whether, in fact, your termination was because "the company is in bad shape."

By the way, what does 'in bad shape' mean?  Is the building or office area where you work dilapidated, or is your company saying that it is financially incapable of having you continue your employment for their reason for firing you?  Second, why do you feel that your firing was because of your injury and age; and, that you have been discriminated against?  In addition, was any of what the company alleged in writing?  Did you look to see what the 'workman compensation' policies are regarding your company?

×
×