birdiebee

Verbally assaulted in front of management

Currently I am a county 911 paramedic on feb 20th of this year while in a meeting with management present I was verbally assaulted and threatened by another employee management did and said nothing to defuse this situation until I filed a police report then and only then was something done (a three day suspension and an online anger management class (really?)) I still have to work with chance that I may have a run in with this employee and management is doing nothing to remedy the problem when I have expressed my fears of retaliation. Where are my rights?

You've already had your "rights" upheld.

You've got it on record, the other employee got punished quite sufficiently for just words, if you ask me.

Management did exactly what it was supposed to do. You can't expect the employer to disrupt his business beyond that just because you fear something "might" happen.

If something else happens later you take the appropriate action when it happens.

That's all you can hope for.

Otherwise, seek employment elsewhere.

The fact is my employer did nothing to provide me with a healthy and safe environment he left me on a shift with an employee who had already shown her anger and aggression towards me in front of him without doing anything, until I filed a police report against said employee. My problem is not with this employee my problem is that passed incidents proove that my employer a county appointed director has a no tolerance policy on violence in the workplace as well as a union contract and has fired other employees for third party reports of workplace violence

The fact is my employer did nothing to provide me with a healthy and safe environment

You are blowing this out of proportion.

A co-worker saying bad things to you has absolutely nothing to do with providing a healthy and safe enviroment.

he left me on a shift with an employee who had already shown her anger and aggression towards me in front of him without doing anything, until I filed a police report against said employee.

And then the co-worker got disciplined. That's all you get.

my problem is that passed incidents proove that my employer a county appointed director has a no tolerance policy on violence in the workplace as well as a union contract and has fired other employees for third party reports of workplace violence

Your problem is perceptual.

What your employer does with or for others has nothing to do with you.

The only thing you will get by pushing this further is fired. I suggest you let this slide for, keep a low profile, and stay under the boss' radar.

But if you really have so many issues about the boss, then find another job.

You're not going to change anything by imagining that everybody around you is evil.

Where are my rights?

Like everyone else, you have dozens of legal rights, and it would serve no useful purpose to try and list them all.

Nothing in your post suggests the existence of any legal issue.

×
×