Pdouble

Work Related Injury

I have partial ambutation of 2 of my fingers this injury happened while at work. I have already reached the mmi and I am considered to be 15% disabled and may be more disabled if i complete another surgery in June.

1. Am i able to sue the company themselves?

2. What kind of Lawyer would I need?

3. How can I build a case to bring to a lawyer?

4. Costs and fees for a case like this?

2. What kind of Lawyer would I need?

4. Costs and fees for a case like this?

Your only remedy against your employer is workers compensation.

However, if the loss of your fingers was due to defective equipment, you could have a potential personal injury lawsuit against the manufacturer or the installer (if the installer was not your employer).

If there was a case there for defective equipment you should be able to find a personal injury attorney who would take the case on a contingency where he doesn't get paid unless he wins.

Keep in mind however, that workers comp would have a lien on that claim and have to be completely reimbursed out of your settlement.

If your injury was caused by your misuse of the equipment or your carelessness then you wouldn't likely succeed with a personal injury claim and workers comp would be all you get.

×
×