Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Re entry

2 posts in this topic


I went to the U.S. in 1998 on a visa which I extended.

In June 2004 I got married and applied for Greencard which was granted in Feb. 2009.

My Greencard is still valid until Feb. 2019.

In Feb.2011 my divorce was final,no kids.

I had to get away from my violent husband and decided in Oct.2011 to go to my birthplace Germany.

Didn´t intent to stay until NOW. Just had hand surgery and paid my taxes last year.

I had to work here too since my savings didn´t last.

Don´t have proof of a home or relatives in the States and now I am confronted with probable causes of being returned trying to re enter the U.S . I was told I could fill out DS 117 but reading the application makes me think I cannot prove under reasonable doubt that I did not abandon the country. Should I just try to re enter on my recent greencard and wish for the best?

What is the worst that can happen at the airport??

Please help...

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest FindLaw_Amir

The worst that may happen is that you may be denied entry. I suggest you consult with an Immigration Lawyer for clarification on your specific status and how to proceed.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this