Still Paying Support for Child in Our Custody

3 posts in this topic

My boyfriend acquired custody of his minor daughter 2 yrs ago when her mother became homeless. No court changed the order of custody from mother to father and as a result nothing has been done about the support he pays to his ex-wife.

What steps does he need to take in order to stop paying this support??

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently your boyfriend did not "acquire custody." Custody can only be determined by a court of competent jurisdiction. I assume by "custody" you mean that he simply took his child into his possession. He now needs to petition the court to have the parenting plan modified to transfer custody to himself, and the child support modified accordingly. Consult local counsel.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now