Sign in to follow this  
joem85

bit by dog while working

i was bit by a dog while working in someones yard, they had a gate i walked back there and the owner didnt see me and let the dogs out and one of them bit me.It was a bigger dog, bigger then the boxer that was out with it.It broke the skin a little and left teeth marks that bruised. The owner came out and asked if I was ok and I told her yes I was fine, but was down playing it like it was no big deal. I dont know if I want to take legal action, but was wondering if I decided to go that route what are my options. Just upset that it happened and any advice is appreciated.

You don't say why "broke the skin a little and left teeth marks that bruised" is in fact a big deal such that you'd even be thinking about legal action. Also not sure what you mean by "what are my options" when you presumably understand you're free to sue or not. Since you haven't indicated suffering a serious injury, there's no viable legal action to take here.

I dont know if I want to take legal action, but was wondering if I decided to go that route what are my options.

Well...your options are to sue or not sue. I suppose if you want to be a real jerk, you could report what happened to the local animal control authority (although, since this happened in the owner's backyard, I would hope animal control wouldn't do anything).

i was bit by a dog while working in someones yard, they had a gate i walked back there and the owner didnt see me and let the dogs out and one of them bit me.It was a bigger dog, bigger then the boxer that was out with it.It broke the skin a little and left teeth marks that bruised. The owner came out and asked if I was ok and I told her yes I was fine, but was down playing it like it was no big deal. I dont know if I want to take legal action, but was wondering if I decided to go that route what are my options. Just upset that it happened and any advice is appreciated.

Legal action for what. Did you see a doctor? Incur any medical bills? Lose any time from work?

Even if you answer yes to that question, you might find it difficult to collect anything (depending on your state law) because you walked back there without announcing your presence to the owner before you walked back there.