Sign in to follow this  
mamabear_1018

Workplace Injury

I recently injured my leg at work. I've seen the various doctors that my employer has sent me to and been put on light duty. According to the last physician I should only be standing 2hrs total in a 6 hr shift and not doing anything that requires alot of effort or movement due to nature of injury, yet my employer continues to assign me these regular job duties. I'm standing and walking most of my shift still. I was told by my therapist to inform the dr of this. Should I or just roll with the punches and work thru the pain.

I recently injured my leg at work. I've seen the various doctors that my employer has sent me to and been put on light duty. According to the last physician I should only be standing 2hrs total in a 6 hr shift and not doing anything that requires alot of effort or movement due to nature of injury, yet my employer continues to assign me these regular job duties. I'm standing and walking most of my shift still. I was told by my therapist to inform the dr of this. Should I or just roll with the punches and work thru the pain.

That's up to you.

I suggest you get a letter from your doctor addressed to your employer (not just your immediate boss but the owner of the company) regarding your condition and duty requirements.

Then, if you continue to get the same assignments, you get to decide if you want to stand up for yourself (pun not intended).