Shenandoah

dress code

I work at a pizza place in New Hampshire both as wait staff and food prep. Our uniforms are tank tops (with thick straps and necklines that come all the way up to our collarbones) with small jackets that cover our shoulders. I was in a hurry this morning and forgot the jacket and worked my entire shift in just the tank top. I was seen by both my boss and manager and neither of them said a single word about it. later, my bosses wife arrived and upon seeing me began to chew me out and told me that if the health inspector happened to come in he could shut them down or at least get them in a lot of trouble for my attire. she sited state law and health regulations before sending me home to change. I've spent the last hour searching for this law to no avail. Was she telling the truth?

Not likely, but which law(s) and health regulation(s) did she cite?

\r\n

And, really, why does it matter? Even if it's not legal, not wearing part of your uniform could get you in trouble with your boss.

×
×