Sign in to follow this  
chuckiep98122

Felony Theft

I live in Louisiana, and I moved back here after 20+ years. I was arrested for a felony theft warrant from 1988. In 1989 I was stopped for a traffic ticket, and was held for 2 days, and then released. I am not sure if there was a refusal to extradite, but I never heard anything else about it.

I have had several background checks for work over the years, and nothing has ever showed up, I went into local police station recently to check on the situation of my son, and found out that I had a felony warrant after 20+ years. I was arrested. I am out on bail, but I was told that the file could not be found. The Judge that issued the warrant, is deceased, and the detective that was investigating the case is no longer around.

I want to know what should do to protect my reputation?

The most anybody here will be able to tell you, since we don't have access to the files, is that you would be well advised to consult a local criminal defense attorney to help you figure out what, if anything, you can or need to do in order to resolve the outstanding issues.