Sign in to follow this  
Justwannaknow83

Need to Know?

I'm trying to find out what this charge would be called and what kind of time can go with it. I live in South Carolina. Somebody posted some pictures with nudity in it, on facebook. Then put my name and phone number beside the pictures. This person doesn't know me and did not have my permission. I've already pressed charges but I don't really know what can be done about this. I heard i can sue and I can press charges but I really don't know the seriousness of it. Can somebody let me know?

Well, first of all, you as a private citizen can't "press charges". You can certainly speak with the police and/or prosecutors and request that they take action but the decision about criminal charges is solely within the prosecutors' discretion.

It is also possible that you could file a civil lawsuit though I wouldn't expect that to be particularly lucrative. You are certainly free to speak with a personal injury lawyer and see what they think though.