Sign in to follow this  
jrl0816

Injured transferring passenger to chair

I work in Nevada and was assisting a passenger with transfer to aisle chair due to their in ability to move because a spinal issue. Pax also had a cpap machine hooked to his face and was in excess of 300lbs. We had an aircraft which was on its second visit to us and passenger was seated in a bulkhead seat with an armrest that wasn't lifts me. Requiring a lift over the arm rest to be put into aisle chair. After we finally got him into the aisle chair and off the aircraft and I to his chair. My back was burning in pain. Just for x rays and was diagnosed with muscle sprains. My co worker said we aren't even suppose to be lifting passengers as we have been. Is this true? And when I was in training. Acaa says pax are supposed to be sat in chairs with arm tests that lift to help transferring process. I am in a pain ive never experienced in my life. And i just want to be sure I wasnt put in a position i shouldnt have been in. Do I have any grounds for investigation?

I have no idea what "pax" and "acaa" mean.

I also think the first seven sentences of your post can be summed up as follows: "I work for an airline and hurt my back on the job."

jrl0816 said...

My co worker said we aren't even suppose to be lifting passengers as we have been. Is this true?

Aren't supposed to because. . . ? Certainly, there is no law (federal or Nevada) that prohibits airline employees from lifting passengers. Whether your employer has a rule regarding this is something you'd obviously know better than anyone on a message board. One would assume that, when someone tells you something like this and you question the truth of the statement, you would make further inquiry of the person who told you this.

jrl0816 said...

i just want to be sure I wasnt put in a position i shouldnt have been in.

Put into a position by whom?

jrl0816 said...

Do I have any grounds for investigation?

I have no idea what this means. "Investigation" of what? By whom? As far as I can tell, you have a potential workers' comp claim.