I was hurt on the job doing what was asked of me by my supervisor then told my medical and time off would not be paid because I was not following company policy.(no copy of policy I was told it was common sense) my supervisor trained me to work this way and told me I was doing a good job. But now that I have had a accident I'm on my own with no backing. Please Help! Washington State

You didn't ask a question, and I'm unsure what "help" you think folks on a message board can provide beyond answering questions. Talk with your supervisor or your supervisor's supervisor or someone in human resources about making a workers' compensation claim.

Thank You for replying

My question is, how can I go about founding a tribe lawyer? The company I work for is tribe own and run. and I have been treated unfair, my voice is not being heard. I have talk with about 5 lawyer and no one will see my case because it's Tribe. (They are there own nation)

My supervisor's, supervisor is his father and human resources is going on what they have been told. When i asked for a fair hearing, They said they don't do that.

And worker's compensation is Tribe first- private insurance and they go by what is reported by human resources. And the statement I wrote, they said it's not company policy, I told them that is how I was trained. And they said it's not common since to do it that way. I also asked for a copy of the policy and have not received it , Because it doesn't exist. Can you help.

being treated unfairly

P.S. By the way my supervisor admitted training me that way, But they say it doesn't matter.

Laws governing the workings of Indian tribes are highly specialized. There's no way to say, in the abstract, how you find a lawyer with appropriate knowledge. All you can do is look around and make phone calls. There is also a "find a lawyer" link prominently displayed at the top of every page at this site.

×
×