SaltySal

mental anguish

Texas

I've been working for a company for 15 yrs now. I transferred to a new position with no training and little knowledge of the onsite work. Being the determined and organized man I am, I called everyone I knew and finally had the site up and running within months. For the past 5 yrs, I was happy and my client was especially pleased with my work. This past year, I got a new boss. This boss talked to other people who I had talked to, trying to get them to do their jobs right. Obviously, he had a very bad impression of me before even meeting me.

I'll cut to the chase now. Since this new boss came on board a few months ago, the stress he puts me under has caused me to lose a substantial amount of weight. My wife is worried sick. I'm worried sick that I'll lose my job, and my weight keeps dropping. The dr says it's due to stress. The stress keeps me from thinking clearly. My boss has taken credit for the programs I created to make my job easier - very stressful, among other things.

Right now, I'm going thru company channels to see if I can get my situation resolved. If this isn't possible, can I hire an attorney and sue the company for mental anguish? My weight loss so far has been 60lbs.

thanks,

Sal

"Mental anguish" is a form of damages that is available in certain types of cases (primarily personal injury cases). In order to get any sort of damages, you must have a viable legal claim. Nothing in your post suggests you do. In a nutshell, your post says that your boss is a prick and you are stressed out. At best you have a workers' compensation claim. I suggest you make an appointment with your doctor.

What you need to do is possibly read a few books on the topic of dealing with nasty bosses, and also meanwhile talk with a physician about referrals to a therapist who can help you deal with the stress-related issues. Get into yoga or mediation or whatever floats your boat. Ultimately, how you handle stress is your responsibility.

You're free to spend money on an attorney, but you've cited no cause of action here against the boss ... and certainly not the company itself.

Yeah, the boss is an ####, but as I'm going up thru the channels to get my situation resolved, I'm finding more and more #### who don't listen to me or my side. I'm not into the yoga or exercise thing and the first/last time my wife went to a therapist for clinical depression, she was told to 'think happy thoughts'. I'm no spring chicken - if we had the savings, I'd retire. Unfortunately, it looks like I'm gonna have to stick this #### out until I drop dead or the #### moves on. What really gets my goat is that the company motto on resolving issues is doing just what I'm doing until everyone is happy.

I can only hope..... :-/

×
×