Sign in to follow this  
buelow

regulations for tattoo parlor in texas

Is a tattoo parlor required by law in Texas to be insured and bonded. Does each artist have to be insured and bonded or is it a single fee for the entire shop no matter how many employees it has.

I'm about to start a new job and the owner wants me to pay $600 a year. I have never heard of a shop in Texas that required this. I think its a scam to get my money. I don't think there has ever been a tattoo artist in Texas that has been sued for poor quality of work.. thanks.

I doubt either insurance or bonding is required.

Wants you to pay $600/year for what?

Note that, regardless of whether the law requires something, the employer is free to require employees to carry insurance and/or a bond.

has there ever been a tattoo artist or tattoo shop in Texas that has been sued for a bad tattoo or a tattoo that got an infection..and was found guilty... or that was found not guilty.... Thanks

buelow said...

has there ever been a tattoo artist or tattoo shop in Texas that has been sued for a bad tattoo or a tattoo that got an infection..and was found guilty... or that was found not guilty.

Getting "sued" imples a civil lawsuit, but there is no "guilty" or "not guilty" in civil lawsuits. That said, no one on this or any other message board is going to know or research this question. I'm sure that, in the entire history of tattoos in Texas, there has been at least one instance in which some legal action was taken against a tattoo artist/shop as a result of a "bad tattoo" or an infection.