sailingthru

permanent disbility

July 2008 will be 4 years when I was injured on the job requiring 3 shoulder surgeries & still no relief. After meeting w/the Insurance Company's doctors I got a court case last week in the NJ. My attorney advised me that I didn't need to attend since it wasn't a Q&A. This was going before the DA & my attorney the insurance company. I was notified that it was determined that I was awarded total disabilty.

My attorney has not advised me of what happens next - he said it goes back to the insurance company? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? The court awarded permanent disability & I still have to wait?

I didn't even realize I was approved for SS until 9 months ago & got some back pay. I have exhausted me unemployement benefits but I still am waiting. Can the insurance company delay payment even though the court ruled in my favor?

I have been hanging on my a thread & they terminated my benefits more than 1 yr ago, does that get reimbursed?

My question is this - Can the insurance company still pay games & delay & if so, what can I do.

I can't imagine why a DA would be involved (criminal matter).

"WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?"

I'm afraid you'll have to ask your attorney.

"I didn't even realize I was approved for SS until 9 months ago & got some back pay."

I would hope you would keep on top of your own Social Security disability claim; not sure what to tell you.

"I have exhausted me unemployement benefits but I still am waiting."

I can't imagine why you'd receive unemployment benefits if you aren't able to work, but ...

"Can the insurance company delay payment even though the court ruled in my favor?"

Yes.

"I have been hanging on my a thread & they terminated my benefits more than 1 yr ago, does that get reimbursed?"

If by "reimbursed" you mean will the benefits be retroactive, I should think so.

The person who knows the most about your case is your w/c attorney.

×
×