Ashley34690

Working alone

I reside in Florida. I work with one other person in a small office in a bad town/city/location. We have been working M-F as normal when hired. Now the other co-worker is not able to work on Friday anymore due to her own personal issues with her family. This leaves me in a small office working by myself for 8 hours in a poor neighborhood. I haven't addressed this issue with my boss yet. I wanted to get some more information regarding this issue before I do so. I cannot find any laws or statutes in relation to this. Do I have a fighting chance with my boss on this issue of no saftey for me?

There is no law about this sort of thing. If you don't believe your work conditions are safe talk with your boss. If your employer doesn't remedy the situation, then you have the choice of accepting the conditions or quitting and seeking other employment.

×
×