arnoldclo

Fraud or Real

I had an independent contractor working for me. She fell on a flat surface and wants disability. I took her to a chiropractor and paid all her sessions in advance, she only went twice. She collected 4 weeks of pay at home and I ask her multiple times to go to a Workers comp doc and she refuse. I told her that i would not pay anymore time off if she did not go to file for workers comp. She told me that she did not want any problems. This happened October and now 6 months later this goes after me. She goes to chiropractor and claims disability. What should I do?

arnoldclo said...

She fell on a flat surface and wants disability.

I'm not sure what you mean by "wants disability." I assume it means she wants some sort of benefit relating to her fall, but there may be any number of benefits that fit that description.

arnoldclo said...

I took her to a chiropractor and paid all her sessions in advance

Why?

arnoldclo said...

What should I do?

I suggest you consult with a local attorney. You say that this woman is an independent contractor, but your actions suggest otherwise. Employers do not usually provide benefits for independent contractors (except as provided in the contract). Whether ICs have a right to make workers' comp claims depends on the laws of your unidentified state.

×
×