Sign in to follow this  
Dawnstrider

Private nonsexual nude recreation

I live in Missouri and in

2008 I was arrested for hanging out in the nude with my neighbor's

daughter who was also nude at the time, in her home behind closed doors; which is perfectly legal as supported by the Missouri Law and the 9th Amendment. We both told the court nothing

happened between us sexually and we were just having fun like nudists

do and I was still sentenced as a "sex offender." My neighbor told me

her daughter walked around naked at home all the time and the daughter

knew I did as well and we didn't see any harm in it. Can anything be

done about it? I contacted the Naturist Action Committee (advocacy group for Nudists and Naturists) and the Chair of the Board contacted me and said I have a chance of going to court but I need to find an attorney who can help me.

Exactly under what Missouri statute were you prosecuted? And how did the police find out — did the parents of the child report it? If the parents objected to it and the child is a minor, it's not hard to see a Missouri prosecutor going after that.

How long ago was the conviction? The time for appeal is quite short, and if the appeal period has passed, your options for overturning the conviction.

Dawnstrider said...

My neighbor told me

her daughter walked around naked at home all the time and the daughter

knew I did as well and we didn't see any harm in it.

She's not your child. You are an adult and should be aware that this is the kind of thing that can get you into trouble. Especially if you did not have have prior consent of the parents (and even getting consent might not have saved you depending on the statute you were convicted of violating), what in the world would lead you to think that this would be ok? And how is that he the daughter knew you paraded around your home in your birthday suit? It's not hard for me to see folks getting upset at this, you need to understand that sentiment to understand the kind of resistance you'll likely get in trying to overturn this on the basis that it was an ok thing to do with a child. Most folks will not share that view.

I'm not sure what statute it was. I was charged with

"indecent exposure." The police found out because of her brother was

there and he told his mother.

I was convicted in May 2009. The daughter came over to visit

me one day while I was outside watering our yard. She had asked if I was going

to keep living with my friend or if I was going to get my own place. I told her

I was going to get my own place. She asked me if she would be able to visit me

because she was my friend. I told her I didn't know because it would be a

nudist household. She smiled and walked off.

I been practicing nonsexual nude recreation since I was about 13 and

since I knew she went through her place naked and she knew I like being naked,

I didn't see the harm. I emailed the Naturist Action Committee about this and

the Chair of the Board himself emailed me back and said I have a possible

lawsuit.

A lawsuit for what? Did you plead to the charge or were you convicted at trial? I find it curious you don't know what you were charged with. You also haven't said how old the girl was and this is the first time you mentioned another person/child being present. How old was the brother? As a grown man, it should be common sense that regardless of what your beliefs are, you don't expose yourself to someone else's children especially alone with you in your home when the parents are not present. Children think all kinds of things. They are still learning. It's not for you to decide if it's okay for someone else's child to see you naked.

Dawnstrider said...

I'm not sure what statute it was. I was charged with

"indecent exposure." The police found out because of her brother was

there and he told his mother.

Ok. First, it's critical you find out what statute you were convicted of committing, as the elements of that offense are very important. Until you can specify what the statute was, you won't have any chance to do anything about it.

Second, how old was the girl and her brother? That may matter. Third, since the brother told his mother, I'm assuming that then the mother called the police, correct? That tells me that you did not have any consent from the parents for this. If, as it sounds, the girl and her brother were minors, why would you possibly think that being nude with minors is ok, especially when you haven't even discussed it with the child's parents? That's just asking for trouble. Common sense should have told you this would be a potential problem. Indeed, you seem to have recognized that before you did it:

Dawnstrider said...

She asked me if she would be able to visit me

because she was my friend. I told her I didn't know because it would be a

nudist household.

When it comes to kids and anything remotely sexual, like nudity, warning bells should be going off in your head big time.

Dawnstrider said...

I emailed the Naturist Action Committee about this and

the Chair of the Board himself emailed me back and said I have a possible

lawsuit

I'm going to guess he's not a lawyer. A lawsuit for what? And against whom? You were convicted, which establishes your guilt on the offense. In order to have even a remote shot at suing the government over this, you'd first have to get the conviction overturned. Which is why the exact statute matters. It also matters whether you plead guilty or were convicted by a jury after a trial.

A lawsuit for what?  Did you plead to the charge or were you convicted at trial?  I find it curious you don't know what you were charged with.  You also haven't said how old the girl was and this is the first time you mentioned another person/child being present.  How old was the brother?  As a grown man, it should be common sense that regardless of what your beliefs are, you don't expose yourself to someone else's children especially alone with you in your home when the parents are not present.  Children think all kinds of things.  They are still learning.  It's not for you to decide if it's okay for someone else's child to see you naked.

hes a worthless pervert