Sign in to follow this  
pinky12

Missed Bonus

State of Connecticut. Am employed in non-exempt capacity at Fortune 1000 company which utilizes regular performance appraisal systems (semi-annually). Have consistently received written reviews of 4 out of 5 (best being 5) since joining the firm in 2007. Have received only 1 merit bonus (in 2008) while others in my same role have received a bonus each year. These colleagues are of similar age/ethnicity as I: white, over 50. This issue came to light as I questioned management about lack of bonus for the most recent performance year (2010). Never gave it much thought until now and subsequent research revealed the lack of any payments since 2008. A large part of the reason might be due to the fact that my reporting line straddles different business lines. No one seems to "own" me as an direct report and thus I have been overlooked when it came time to award bonuses. Have you any suggestions as to how I might go about addressing this matter with management/Human Resources? From my point of view this is not a fair way to be treated in light of my colleagues' awards. Thanks for your time and input.