liz_ptrsn

air filtration systems such as hoods

Hello, my name is liz and i work at a fast food resturant. Our hoods over our fryers quit working and the building is really smoky. About two weeks ago i called the fire company for the problem because our employees were getting sick from it and got called rediculous from the owner. he knew about the conditions and would not do anything. Today at work our dining area filled up with smoke as well and i personally had a head ache from breathing in the smoke. I live in pennsylvania and was wondering if there was any laws being broke with the hoods not working and my boss and my general manager staying open and makeing us work in that atmosphere?

There are definitely health and safety standards promulgated by state and federal agencies that your restaurant is required to abide by or face penalties or closure. You should try contacting your local health department about relevant codes, etc.

×
×