Sign in to follow this  
fortyandout

overtime mandatory, uncompesated?

I work for a large pest control firm and we are paid on a draw type commission basis, where we receive a commisssion check at the end of the month, our base pay is taken out of our commission check. so we really only make what we earn, paid a percentage on a per job basis.last year they gave us extra if we worked over 40 hours but have pulled that pay because they say there is a loophole and they do not have to pay us overtime anymore just our basic rate. every production tech i work with, works over 40 every week. our company does not care , they have us work as much as they want. my thing that gets me is I could work 50 hours then they push us to work saturdays, and hold our jobs over or heads if we do not like it. I can not see this mandatory overtime being right. with no extra money. we were considering forming a union, but were told we would pretty much all be fired and they'll deal with the lawsuit. which would take years in court or their form they call it mediation they never want a court case and made us sign paperwork to that form. any knowledge would be appriciated. is there a federal # I could call to have it investicated, in ct they recieve overtime but in massachusetts we do not ???? what is the loophole and how do I get it closed???

In future posts, please use proper capitalization and spacing before-after punctuation.

"every production tech i work with, works over 40 every week. our company does not care , they have us work as much as they want."

Nothing unlawful about that. The law won't put limits on work hours or threatening you with a loss of your job if you "do not like it."

It's unclear whether you're an outdoor sales person or "production tech" or in-house salesperson.

You can discuss *exactly* what you do for a living with the state labor dept. and the nearest federal DOL wage-hour division office to figure out whether your employer doesn't have to pay you overtime (whether you're an exempt worker) or whether you're non-exempt and entitled to overtime.

Sign in to follow this