halflinger

signing employee policy handbook

I'VE BEEN EMPLOYED FOR 6 YEARS AT MY CURRENT JOB, AND TWO DAYS AGO I WAS ASK TO SIGN AN ACKNOWLEDGE AND ABIDE FOR AN EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK. THIS IS THE FIRST ONE HERE AT MY JOB AND THERE ARE SO MANY MISTAKES IN THIS BOOK. LEGALLY DO I HAVE TO SIGN THIS BEFORE IT IS REVISED?could i be fired if the mistakes aren't changed.

THIS IS A QUOTE OUT OF THE HANDBOOK"IF YOU ARE HARASSED OR SEXUALLY HARASSED

YOU NEED TO IMMEDIATELY CONTACT YOUR PASTOR, DEACON OR ELDER. I WORK FOR A VET CLINIC". ALSO TIME CLOCK POLICY ANYONE WHO WORKS AN EIGHT HOUR SHIFT MUST TAKE A LUNCH BREAK FOR AT LEAST ONE HALF HOUR. IT ALSO SAYS IF YOU DON'T TAKE THE BREAK ADJUSTMENTS WILL BE MADE. SOMETIMES I WORK FROM AM TO9PM WITH EMERGENCIES AND CAN NOT TAKE A BREAK, ARE THEY ALLOWED TO CLOCK ME IN AND OUT.

In future, please don't post in all caps.

You can be fired for refusing to sign something acknowledging that you've read it and agreeing to abide by it, yes. Of course. (You can be fired for no reason at all.)

Obviously, the directions as to being harassed are silly. Among other things, what if you don't have a pastor, deacon or elder?? :) Anyhoo, no employer's handbook has to have directions for what to do when harassed; they don't have to have a handbook at all.

The employer's free to dictate that you take a break. I have no idea what they mean by "adjustments will be made". You will be fired? I dunno. :) They'd be free to fire you for refusing to take mandatory breaks.

If you are not paid for all time worked, you are free to file a wage claim with the state labor dept.

×
×