hulkabilly

underage sex w/ an adult

My daughter who is 16, has recently had a child by someone whom I believe is approximately 30 years of age. She has not confirmed his identity to me, and wants to avoid filing for "child support" from this man, because she is concerned he will face criminal charges. I as a parent and legal guardian wish to pursue the issue. 1.In the state of FL, did he commit a crime even though it was concentual ? 2. Do I have the right to prosecute, as my underage daughter's guardian?

What the heck is this doing on the employment board? :)

It's not clear why you wouldn't be discussing this with local law enforcement; they'd know what the age of consent is in FL. Someone 24 or older engaging in sex with a 15-year old could be charged with at least one felony. No individual would have the "right to prosecute" a criminal matter; it's up to the state to decide.

Obviously, if your daughter won't seek child support and she's living with you and you're by default paying for this kid, you're free to talk with a family law attorney about addressing paternity and child support issues.

×
×