Sign in to follow this  
djm1951

Wrongful Termination

1st I was brought to the bosses office, told to have a seat, don't say anything, you are not being charged for anything, you need to fill out a report on what happened. I did because me and my coworker had a disagreement. Next thing I know I was brought in to the Project Managers office and was told I was terminated. I didn't even know what for. I was not interviewed about the incident. I was basically guilty until proven guilty. Coworker lied and company believed him. He is also the union steward. I did not have a chance to defend myself. I was not questioned about the incident. Was I wronfully terminated?

No guarantee of reading or responding here, and also no guarantee of an answer from an attorney.

You haven't described any wrongful termination in a legal sense. Employer's free to declare someone "guilty" regardless of evidence, I'm afraid, and wouldn't by law be required to "investigate"/interview, etc. It's not a criminal law matter. Your union contract, however, may dictate that certain things be done. This is something to be addressed with the union itself.

"Coworker lied and company believed him."

You are free to sue that person for defamation.

Sign in to follow this