Sign in to follow this  
buffythecat

Eye Glass Purchase

I live in Colorado. I recently went to ***** to have an examination and went there because one of the doctors there came very highly recommended as being one of the best in the city and this was a recommendation from another professional person. The initial purpose was because I had seen some flashes of light when coughing very hard and also had seen some jagged lines several times and I was afraid that there was something really wrong and I might need surgery.

I have worn "cheaters for some time that work just fine and have no problems with them. After finding that the reasons I went there for were of no real problem I thought well I might as well get "real" glasses and take care of my eyes ..The doctor suggested one set for reading and another pair for distance .. while driving .. since they had a special of buy one get one free. The pair for distance only makes a very very slight difference. The first pair of reading glasses had only about a 6" to 7" range and anything beyond that is distorted. I work on the computer 6 or so hours a day for my job and to be confined to that range for that period of time was not acceptable. (will note that with my "cheaters" I can be as far away from the monitor as 3' or so and still read everything fine. I took the glasses back and explained the situation and they redid the prescription for a larger range and when I picked them up things were still not as crisp as the cheaters and the right side was very distorted. The doctor took measurements again and said that even though she was an optimist and she could keep trying to make the prescription right and make the glasses work she was leaning towards that what I had right now .. the cheaters ... were working just fine for me and perhaps we should cancel what we were doing and when the cheaters no longer worked to come back.. She told this to the agent there and his response to me was that based on that and his knowledge, that , would happen in a week or two, so I should just keep the new glasses .. LOL then he suggested that I have them put the prescription of the cheaters in the new frames .. I asked why would I want to spend $600 to do that when what I had was working just fine.. his answer was .. well you like the frames ...

Here is my delima ... on the back of the folder they gave me with my prescription and receipt it says .... The **** Promise .... 100% Satisfaction Guarantee..... we want you to be happy with your new glasses.. If, for whatever reason, you are not 100% satisfied you can return them in their original condition within 30 days of purchase and we will adjust, repair, or exchange, or replace them for an item of equal or lesser value -- no excuses, no explanation. I am not interested in them to keep trying to get the prescription right .. I just want to get a refund and continue with what I have. Based on the " ***** Promise" how much trouble will I have in getting the refund

[This post has been

edited to remove personal or identifying information. -Moderator]

I had this exact same problem with Pearle Vision. I bought two pair and the distance glasses had a water spot where the Anti Reflective coating was improperly applied. The reading pair Rx was so off that I could only see clearly at a very specific distance and any eye movement to the left or right distorted my vision.

Pearle Vision is notorious for producing poor glasses. They can't get the prescriptions right the first time. So many people have complained over the internet regarding their lack of quality control. I would bet if you took those glasses to another optometrist and had the prescription checked, that they would be able to prove that they are not the proper prescription (glasses don't match your prescription that was given).

Take them back, demand a full refund. Even if they don't refund all your money right then, do NOT take those glasses with you, leave them with Pearle Vision. If they give you any slack whatsoever, then file a complaint with your credit card company saying they're charging you for faulty merchandise and you'll get your money back. You won't get your prescription money returned, just the cost of the eye glasses.

Then take your prescription (that you had to pay for) and make SURE they tell you what your PD (Pupil Distance) is (sometimes they don't want to tell you that) and order your glasses online at Coastal . Their reputation and quality far surpasses that of any LensCrafters aka Pearle Vision and you'll pay half the price and they DO guarantee your glasses for 365 days FULL REFUND. Stay away from 39dollarglasses.com because they sell garbage frames and cannot fill prescriptions correctly.

I JUST went through this same situation. You'll be so happy with Coastal.com Experiment with their online Frame selection process for a couple of days before you make your final decision so that you know HOW to shop for glasses.

Warn others!

My link to Coastal above wasn't working so I posted it again for you. They go by the name Coastal Contacts, Coastal.com and CoastalContacts.

You can find them on YouTube also where others can show you how to select your glasses.

There are 4 things you should become familiar with. (1) Lens width..the width of a single lens. (2) Bridge width...the distance between the lenses where your nose is. (3) The Arm length...the distance of the arm from the lens to the end that goes behind your ear.

All these distances are measured in Millimeters. My frames are: 53-18-140

53=Lens width

18=Bridge

140=Arm

One more thing...

If you have a pair of glasses that fit you perfectly, you'll be able to find the frame measurements stamped on the inside of the frames.

Don't forget to get your PD measurement from Pearle Vision. They never put that measurement on your prescription, you have to ask for it. DO NOT try to measure it yourself, you'll never get it right. Sometimes Wally-Mart or Costco will measure that for you for free.

You shouldn't have any trouble getting a refund. I paid half cash and half on a credit card. They reimbursed the credit card right away however, I had to wait a week to get a check from their headquarters for the cash I paid. Just make sure you don't take the glasses because the 30 day clock ticks from the date of your purchase, not delivery.