Guest Guest

Request for Verification of Employment

Guest Guest

The administrator of the firm I am currently working for recently received a Verification of Employment due to a Home Loan my husband and I are trying to get.

On Question #11 "Probability of Continued Employment:", my administrator told me she had to put the date I was leaving (I had given them my two weeks notice and this date was listed). This is not how I interpret the question. Could you explain in more detail or is this correct?

Thank you for assistance..

Didn't you already post about this?!

There's nothing wrong with informing the lender of the truth if you're leaving. How you interpret the question isn't relevant; you're basically asking the employer to lie by omission if not overtly.

Doesn't matter whether it's "correct" either; again, nothing wrong with the employer advising that you're quitting.

Guest Guest

No, I have never posted on FindLaw.com or posted this question!!!

And you did not understand the question to begin with. If I had not given 2 weeks notice the administrator would have answered "YES" to the Probability of my Continued Employment.

And instead of your interpretation of the question, I would like an interpretation of the LAW regarding this question.

Also you stating "it doesn't matter if it's correct or not and there's nothing wrong with the employer advising of my quit date, THAT is not what the question is asking....

The question seems completely straightforward. If you've given notice that you're quitting after a particular date, then the "Probability of Continued Employment" after that date is zero. How do you interpret the question?

"If I had not given 2 weeks notice the administrator would have answered 'YES' to the Probability of my Continued Employment."

A "yes" or "no" answer would not be responsive to the question.

"And instead of your interpretation of the question, I would like an interpretation of the LAW regarding this question."

There is no "LAW regarding this question." You've represented to the lender that you are employed by a certain employer making a certain amount of money. The lender wants to verify that and is simply asking the employer about the probability that you will continued to be employed. It's not rocket science.

×
×