Sign in to follow this  
doubleyouteeeff

false advertising

the contract does NOT promise the member that the rules will be

enforced.

Again, will you STOP GIVING THIS MAN FALSE INFORMATION?

At your prompting, I looked at Youtube for a comment to report. Needless to say, I found one within minutes.

When I got through reporting it through the abuse and policy center, after confirming it, I saw a page that said "We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will investigate the claim and bring action if necessary. Thanks for helping us keep Youtube safe."

Now, doubleyouteeeff (which, by the way, is 100% absolutely, positively NOT ME) has a valid point, in my view, about the implied thing.

Youtube promised to investigate the claim and take action if necessary.

It is IMPLIED that our consideration from them is continued customer satisfaction.

So, I dare say that it's a valid contract.

stebbinsd said...

Again, will you STOP GIVING THIS MAN FALSE

INFORMATION?

Then apparently you don't read contracts any better than the original poster does (if he is, in fact, someone different from you). My information was correct—the contract makes no express promise of enforcing the rules. If you think it does, kindly quote the section of the TOS that says that. I know you can't do it because nowhere in the TOS does it say that.

stebbinds said...

When I

got through reporting it through the abuse and policy center, after

confirming it, I saw a page that said "We appreciate you bringing this

to our attention. We will investigate the claim and bring action if

necessary. Thanks for helping us keep Youtube safe."

The page that responds "we will investigate...." is not a contract and cannot itself form the basis for any action. Besides, it says it will take action "if necessary." Who determines what is necessary? They do, by the terms of the TOS.

doubleyouteeeff said...

It

is IMPLIED that our consideration from them is continued customer

satisfaction.

LOL, your "customer satisfaction" is not consideration for a contract. Your satisfaction is a BENEFIT to you from using the service. Consideration is some detriment, something you give up, to the other party in exchange for what other party gives you. This is a free site, so you are not giving up money or property for the use of the site. What consideration, then, are you providing? Even if there is a contract there, as I said before, the TOS are, IMO, very clearly drafted not to impose any obligation on the part of the site to enforce the rules; it merely gives to the site the ability to enforce them.