Sign in to follow this  
Hyphened_Citizen

If you don't go to jury duty in Florida?

1. If you did not get the letter notifying you of jury duty, what can you do? What are the penalties/fines?

2. If you did get the letter notifying you of jury duty, but forgot to go to the scheduled first day, within the same week you were suppose to go to do jury duty, what can you do? What are the penalties, fines, and/or things you can do?

Please keep in mind I'm asking this question in regards to the state of Florida.

Thank you all to whom replies to this question of mine. I looked forward to insight into this matter.

Hyphened_Citizen said...

2. If you did get the letter notifying you of jury duty, but forgot to go to the scheduled first day, within the same week you were suppose to go to do jury duty, what can you do? What are the penalties, fines, and/or things you can do?

If you got the letter, READ IT. It spells out what the penalties are for not showing up. Usually, you can call the jury commissioner's office, explain that you forgot and get your service rescheduled. If you didn't get the notice to show up, how would you know?