Damielslawsuit

Filing a Lawsuit in Federal Court

I am a pro se litigant in the process of writing my lawsuit. I need some samples of other lawsuits to read which are similar to mine.

How do I find samples of Intentional and Negligent infliction of emotional distress, Child Neglect, etc..etc... This will be filed in the Federal Court, Seattle.

I just need some direction to similar cases that I can read and study

Thank you

Damielslawsuit said...

How do I find samples of Intentional and Negligent infliction of emotional distress, Child Neglect, etc..etc.

You certainly can run some google searches, but it's not as though there's an online database of sample complaints of every type suitable for filing in any jurisdiction throughout the country. Also note that "child neglect" is a crime, not a civil cause of action.

Damielslawsuit said...

This will be filed in the Federal Court, Seattle.

Why are you filing in federal court? Intentional and negligent infliction of emotional distress are state law torts over which a federal court would not have subject matter jurisdiction unless all defendants are citizens of different states than any plaintiff and the amount in controversy exceeds $75k. As noted above, "child neglect" isn't a civil cause of action at all, and I don't know what else you have in mind by saying "etc..etc."

The amount that I am suing for is over $75,000.

It is an extremely complex case involving my daughter - and thirteen years of abuse. For background information, google the name ******. You will find a blog, a YouTube channel, and an online petition signed by 300 people.

[This post has been

edited to remove personal or identifying information. -Moderator]

This is one of the reasons posting questions on these forums is a complete, and total waste of time. I asked a simple question about how to get samples of other cases so that I can read them.

The first response was...go to a law library. DUH! A person would have to be stupid not to know that. Let me simplify it here... is there a....brace yourself...ready...DATABASE that I can access online.

I know child neglect is a crime. I know judges cannot be sued.

The question is .... is there an online database where I can read filed complaints in a Tort Case. The Tort is Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress. I am not putting out any more information than that. no need to make it more complicated than that.

So, if you know of a Database, and you know how to link the database in your reply...that would be fantastic.

Damielslawsuit said...

i have no intention on trying to sue a judge what would give you that idea?

Because you suggested that I google a judge's name.

Damielslawsuit said...

I asked a simple question about how to get samples of other cases so that I can read them. The first response was...go to a law library. DUH! A person would have to be stupid not to know that.

First of all, I disagree with the premise of this statement. Second, while I can't speak for any of the other regular posters on this site, I don't assume that anyone who posts here has any perceptible level of intelligence, and your posts in this thread don't say a whole lot about your mental abilities.

Damielslawsuit said...

Let me simplify it here... is there a....brace yourself...ready...DATABASE that I can access online.

Lexis and/or Westlaw may have such databases, but they'll be quite expensive. Beyond that, I already addressed this in my original response.

×
×