Sign in to follow this  
lk05roadking

Filing Chapter 7

We just purchased "How to File Chapter 7" book. In reviewing the info, it still is confusing. We can`t afford the high attorney $ fees but can pay for help and direction from a para legal perhaps. Ours would not be a complicated filing case (mainly credit cards) but we need help in the accurate filing of forms and paperwork. Can some person please call us ASAP.

The book refers to a system 1 or system 2 filing that I`m not sure which one applies to our situation.

Please call us.

Thank You,

Lloyd

Wow, not the intention of the site. However, filing a chapter seven is not that difficult. I just helped a friend do it and most everything you need is available online from the gov. We had no books and it went just fine. I don’t know how someone is supposed to call you since you left no phone number but if you would like to email me I would tell you what I know and what we did. My address is ***** I don’t want my email picked up by the spamers so hopefully you can figure that out. Otherwise you can get to the bankruptcy court’s website and they have a list of things you must do in order. You can click this link to get there US BANKRUPTCY COURT. Once you file the clerk will let you know what if anything is missing and what else you need to file. Best wishes

This post has been edited to remove personal information --moderator

"We can`t afford the high attorney $ fees but can pay for help and direction from a para legal perhaps."

The extent to which a paralegal can assist you depends on the laws of your unidentified state. In many states, paralegals cannot work independent of a lawyer. In no state can a paralegal give legal advice.

"Can some person please call us ASAP."

Perhaps you're confused about where you've posted. This is a message board, and no one from a message board is going to call you (except, perhaps, to crank call you). Of course, since you were wise not to post your phone number, so no one could call you anyway.

"The book refers to a system 1 or system 2 filing that I`m not sure which one applies to our situation."

Sounds like some sort of nomenclature that the author of the book came up with.

If you need legal assistance and would like to speak with an attorney, we suggest these resources:

1. FindLaw Lawyer Directory - https://lawyers.findlaw.com/
This resource will allow you to browse attorneys by location or practice area, and even sort by which offices offer free consultations.

2. FindLaw Legal Connection - http://www.legalconnection.com/
This resource will allow you to enter information about your legal issue and then be automatically matched with an attorney in your area.

You also have the option of seeking out legal aid. Try this resource:

State Legal Aid Resources