Sign in to follow this  
shepaug

-- just about dead...

Connecticut

I am just about dead.

My father died at 93 and seems he left no will. My mother survives.

4 children.

One still lives at the address receiving a Social Security Disability check. (me)

Money !!!! The oldest sister arrives. She strips the house of all financial information. She even kidnaps my mother and takes her to another state and leaves her there, (her age almost 92)

All bank accounts get her name added to them. I have seen maybe $200,000 vanish.

I find no 'power of attorney' locally but ---

I have been living at the address for a long time and was trusted by my mother and father.

Everything just hijacked ??? !!!!!

I scream all I can but nobody is interested. The joke I have been told is probate stuff costs money so ??? !!!!!

I have become a victim of day by day harassment. Complaints to virtually every part of town government. Complaints to the police department. Almost daily. No arrests yet but ?? Last police visit was to check if I was not going to commit suicide.

I am threatened constant. Every aspect of life I am threatened.

If one does not understand the reality is that every complaint needs following through. The police get a complaint and they have to follow it up.

I am threatened not to visit my mother who was kidnapped out of state. Do not return her !!!! (just for one out of endless)

The party which consists of my oldest sister married somebody who has seemed to build a life on peoples deaths and their probate stuff.

I ask for help everywhere. Nothing. Agency on Aging and that stuff. Nothing. Deceive and Lie to get an elderly person to get in a car and drive her to another state ?

Threatened ??? I am not supposed to make one peep about affairs going on. (that besides daily harassment)

Today my Social Security Disability was threatened. By email. o---it sounds sweet like somebody is trying to help !!! professional Audits, Assets... reasons I can not try to maintain the residence, etc. etc.

This is no way to live. It is better to be dead.

A family of mother/father. Father dies,. Property/House. Some bank accounts. One child chronically lives there on disability. Mother is kidnapped. All financial stuff is hijacked and changed. Even cars now have another address. Power of Attorney can not be found.

Just for sanity before death did anybody ever hear of any kind of restraining order to stop the harassment ? How to proceed ?

Your post is awfully difficult to follow. It's not clear what your focus is here -- on your father's estate or your mother. You mention "probate," which indicates you are referring with that to your father's estate. I would expect he and your mother owned most everything jointy w/ right of survivorship, so there may be no logical reason to focus on the issue of his estate.

If you think your mother was "kidnapped" against her wishes, then presumably you called the police both locally and wherever she was taken. Unfortunately, you cannot force folks to do anything about it. If your mother hasn't been gone long enough to become a legal resident of the other state, I'm afraid the only angle I see to address is to talk with an attorney locally about seeking conservatorship over your mother's person and affairs if you believe she's not mentally competent in terms of reaching out to you or just contacting someone wherever she is to say she's being kept "hostage".

"I find no 'power of attorney' locally but ---"

It's not clear precisely what you mean here or why you're concerned about a power of attorney. If you believe your mom is not legally competent, then you seek conservatorship over her.

"The joke I have been told is probate stuff costs money so ??? !!!!!"

Sorry, but ... huh?

There may be a simple solution to the harassment: stop opening email from your sister or other folks you don't know, or ignoring whatever it is they say if you decide to open the mail anyway. You are free to talk with local government officials about the sister being on a campaign about you being suicidal (but you sure aren't helping yourself in your post on this score). You are free to talk with an attorney about seeking a restraining order against whomever, of course. If you can't afford an attorney and you don't qualify for legal aid, I'm afraid it's a matter of having to start spending time in a local law library doing research on the procedure and protocol. This isn't something someone could walk you through from here, I'm afraid.

So sorry you have to endure this horrible situation which happens all of the time. Is your mother mentally competent? If she is, then there is not much you can do about a situation where she may have agreed to be moved. Check at the county courthouse to see if probate has been opened yet. Perhaps you want to consult with a business law attorney (and or do a GOOGLE search) to find out if your state has laws regarding possible abuse of power of attorney. IF a power of attorney was granted by your mother, the scheming sibling has it in her possession and would not leave it around where it could be found by you or by anyone else. If abuse of POA can be established, and if you decide to bring charges, it is possible that the assets can be converted to the ownership they held previously. But primarily you need to be consulting with a family law attorney to determine if you or your sister is better equipped to become conservator. First consultations with an attorney are usually free or very inexpensive.

Connecticut

I don't see a 'button' to reply here.(to answers)

I have been living in a house on a suburban location. My parents. I have been on a disability check so a 'thank you'.

I tried to live my own life but take a guess who ended up doing most the work around the place in their later years. (?)

My father at 93 was still mentally brilliant. He caught pneumonia and ended up in the hospital. Weak later a nursing home. He was doing wonderful and then he had some ulcer in stomach go and needed surgery there. He was afterwards never right. The idiot would not eat. He still had a brain but would not eat. He died from not eating.

2 months in the hospital.

I visit and run across my older sister on the cell phone non-stop cracking negative jokes about everybody and how she is going to con 'the money' out of him..her mother..etc. hey..the guy is still alive...

Sort of dis-respectful or ? I don't know.

He dies and within a couple days she starts driving my mother around to stores, etc. (she was no longer a driver)

Old fashioned she got her to get used to writing old-fashioned checks.

Next I know she offered her a 'walk down to the beach' and some other sweet things. That was the ride out of state to Northern Vermont to be left there. (I recorded the conversation-even notes her eye glasses were lost and hearing aid)

Soon I find out all bank accounts also had her name on them. Cars were transferred to her. I presume the house and property. 4 children and nobody knows what is going on but one ?

All financial records are stripped from the house. Mailing addresses of record are changed.

Still living at the old address (me) the complaints start rolling in. ya know..various agencies of the town...police, etc. Total harassment but kind of rough for peace and tranquility ?

I took a long ride up to Northern Vermont to visit my mother. I was warned not to return her to her home/property. I have not yet. I asked about financial matters and whether she granted permission to anybody.

On a recording she seems to say no but she is totally confused but does insist that her 2 sons are not cut out of anything. Otherwise seems to say NO. Confused ? Confused enough that she would never just sign things over to somebody.

Today I visited her bank in Connecticut to try to discuss the affairs. I just met a joke. I myself have cashed checks from this bank to myself FOR HONEST THINGS. (hey...the food cost 59 cents) I had the recording but nobody was interested.

Today I was threatened if I spent any of her money for upkeep of the house/property it would be a violation of my Social Security check. (or other things disabled people get)

I simply have never seen something hijacked so complete and total so fast. 4 children and one ?

Every effort was made to make her insane while her husband was in the hospital. I am hardly sane anymore from affairs. From phone calls endless with insanity on them to a billion other things out of some dirty trick book.

And NOW...there is a question of the sanity of this almost 92 year old person !!! To me it is kind of sad and to observe the extreme elder abuse.

BUT nobody is interested-------------------

I have many recordings but I guess they are not even legal. The last one has on it -- is it ok the be recorded, etc. ??

This is a professional. A registered nurse and a new husband that has a life history of people dieing and probate stuff. All the angles where everybody worships them. If you believe in religion it must be said YOU JUST MET THE DEVIL. Everything a lie and cheat and back stabbing.

From what I have seen the bank accounts and assets were in my mothers and fathers name. He dies so who has the money ? (guess)

Mother kept hostage in Vermont. She went there for a temporary trip. (to her knowledge) She thinks she is returning. She wants to return. It's on paper in letters and recordings, etc.

Power of Attorney ? I was just wondering how all assets could so easily be transferred to one child. The local probate office has no legal anything over her or my sister.

Harassment ? I'm still living on property of my mothers. hmmm my sisters now...

Get out !!!! I'm sure if something was really wrong with the place or my habits the police would have made some arrest. Last time here they came to see if I was ok. (!!!!!!!)

Restraining orders ? Can such be obtained vs. the property owner and contact ? I doubt it.

I commented if one believes in religeon I have gotta have met the DEVIL. (if I survive maybe it will get me back to church ?)

This stuff is just EVIL.

All you hear is one story -- mine. I know this.

To sort out the 'evil' is it me that desires a total independent review the bad one ? I feel if there are 4 children all should at least know what is going on even though not in agreement. One child suck everything with no consultation of the other children ?

Money causes it all I'd guess. If I ever got 25% probably the bill collectors would take it all anyway. Me after money ? geeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzz who could even care anymore !!!!!! This nonsense is not even worth it.

Yes. Stupid me just move on !!!!

I live in a place and in at least later years who does all the work ? Who handles financial stuff with honesty ?

An outsider from 2000 miles away hijacks everything and everywhere you scream they are 'gods' and nobody is interested.

I know nobody can follow this post BUT FINAL QUESTION ???????????

Would a Conservatorship open the 'thing' for independent review ??? I think it is $60 in Connecticut to file but I don't know further bag of worms. Somebody said Administrator ?? Before this is history I would beg for 'independent review'. I presume if there was any money the above would eat it up.

Independent review. Real doctors.

As of now a person held in Northern Vermont thinking they are just visiting. They want to come home to their house. All they get are excuses. What is so scary about real medical tests and expert opinions ? I mean the person has Medicare and my fathers pension plan for medical insurance. What is so scary about 'independent opinions and reviews' ??. If at 92 the person is whacky' beyond help an independent review ?