crownroyal53

defamation

I have a question about "slander"which I think is some form of of defamation. I was a manager in a well-known restaurant. A statement was written to my home office about me discriminating against an attending guests which, if found to be truth after lenghty investigation by the company team of lawyers against me, it would have an employment death penalty for me. As it turns out ,after about three months investigation by those team of lawyers, I was exonerated in writing and my employment death penalty was set aside.

My question is who is libel for this defamation/slander? I do know that the individual who made those false statements is definitely libel. However, what about the employer who created an environment that fosters such a problem?

"I have a question about "slander"which I think is some form of of defamation."

Indeed it is. It is the spoken form.

"A statement was written. . . ."

Then you're talking about libel, not slander.

"My question is who is libel for this defamation/slander? I do know that the individual who made those false statements is definitely libel. However, what about the employer who created an environment that fosters such a problem?"

I don't see how you could think your employer could be liable. Your employer didn't make the statement. Your lawyer received a serious allegation, investigated, and found the allegation not to be true.

why did you move my post on euthanasia ? can you answer questions that were asked NO . And since you are not going through this HELL it does not concern you RIGHT. And what was so horrific about my post. I tried to explain what my life is like last night it was 5 degrees below zero thank you for your replies i can only hope that some of you get some of what i get to go through

×
×