Sign in to follow this  
zemilia

help

i being living on us 8 years ago now i got married 3 years now got 2 kids and my hubby is gone to become a citizen this year.when i came over her i did it illegally they caught me on the border of ciudad juarez whit somebody else green card and they got my digital prints and make me sign a paper saying a could not try again to pass the border. i dint listen and still did anyway i was 18 so i didnt care i was'nt planing to have children or a husband over her. so can you plies tell me what can i do in my case?

is is true the i have to live the country and they going to punish me for 9 years?

Generally, reentering the US without proper documentation (especially after being caught at the border and signing assurances that one would not reenter) would make one's status in the US hard to correct. There may be fines and even jail time involved if one is found in the US after being denied entry, removed, excluded or deported. So, unfortunately, it might be very hard to fix the paperwork here in the US.

On the other hand, even if one leaves the US voluntarily and reapplies for admission into the US from one's home country, it is unlikely that an entry permit will be granted easily. This is a situation that does not seem to have a legal remedy to, unless the whole family wants to live outside the US.

Sorry to be a bearer of bad news. You may want to consult with a qualified immigration attorney to find out if there are any exceptions or legal ways to work around the rules. For example, if one is in the middle of removal proceedings, one may apply for Relief from Removal which is discretionary (not required to be granted, but may be granted if the circumstances are exceptional).

Good luck.

You can find more information about the issues here.

When i was caught at the border i never made it across, so how does illegal Reentry apply to me if i never actually made it on to US soil. i don't know exactly what i signed at that moment because i was so scared, how could i find out what it was i signed and how it will effect me later on, thank you.

Your being stopped at the border would probably fall under "denial of entry" which is one of the grounds listed for deportability.

And, I don't know if you can find out what document you signed right at this time. If you make , for example, an application for adjustment of status, then you might find out what they hold against you if they choose to inform you. There is no law stating that the USCIS needs to provide a copy of all docs they have on file to an applicant. One may not be able to force them to provide such copies. However, if you are ever in deportation proceedings, at that time your lawyer might be able to get a copy of your file.

Please contact your local county bar association or legal aid group. They might be able to provide you with a referral for a 20-30 min consultation with an immigration lawyer (it may cost $50-$100, but may be well worth it). You can discuss your case and decide how best to proceed.

Good luck.