Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  


Recommended Posts

You mean you're here on a student visa? No one jumps from being a foreigner to U.S. citizenship. You have to find a way of getting a green card first and have that for 5 years (3 years through marriage route) before even trying to apply for citizenship.

There is no way of getting a green card through starting businesses unless you're willing to invest $1 million in a business that creates 10 jobs for U.S. citizens or green-card holders. Now since you're a student I doubt you have that (unless you yourself or parents are extremely wealthy!). Most people get green cards by being petitioned by a very close family member or by a U.S. company offering a permanent job. The problem is the years of waiting in most of these categories, except through marriage to a U.S. citizen.

Larry L. Doan, Esq.

Be sure to visit our blog - http://GuruImmigration.wordpress.com

Note: The above response is provided for legal information only and should

not be construed as legal advice, nor to create an attorney-client

relationship, which can only be established through payment of

consideration. We do not offer free advice except for the information provided herein on FindLaw Answers which has

been screened. If follow-up advice on your specific situation is

desired, please visit our blog site http://GuruImmigration.wordpress.com for more details.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Create New...