Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  


Recommended Posts

No, not directly. If you want to appeal your case from the Immigration Judge, you must appeal to the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA), and then if that fails, appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the circuit the Immigration Court proceedings were held in, and then to the U.S. Supreme Court (extremely unlikely).

The Attorney General can take up a case from the BIA and vacate or reverse it, but that is rare, and only to make policies on certain sweeping immigration issues, not so much with individual cases. Besides, as mentioned above, if the alien has a problem with the BIA's ruling, he or she brings it up on appeal with the Court of Appeals, not with the A.G.

Larry L. Doan, Esq.

Be sure to visit our blog - http://GuruImmigration.wordpress.com

www.GuruImmigration.com (click on Contact Us)

Note: The above response is provided for legal information only and should

not be construed as legal advice, nor to create an attorney-client

relationship, which can only be established through payment of

consideration. We do not offer free advice except for the information provided herein on FindLaw Answers which has

been screened. If follow-up advice on your specific situation is

desired, please visit our blog site

http://GuruImmigration.wordpress.com for more details.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Create New...