Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  


Recommended Posts

GuessAgain's answer is not quite correct as far as when there is a lifetime bar. Your husband

was removed and has presumably stayed out of the U.S. for the past 6 years.

There is no lifetime bar against him coming back unless he was convicted of an

aggravated felony. You didn’t specify

what type of crime he was convicted of. Also,

there would be no lifetime bar unless he decides to return illegally to the U.S. and is caught at the border, or makes it successfully

and then tries to apply legally for his permanent residence from within the U.S.

If he was not

convicted of an aggravated felony before and this was only his first time being

removed, then there’s a 10-year wait outside the U.S. before he could apply legally

again (such as through a family petition).

However, before the 10 years are up, he could try to apply for “consent

to reapply for admission” with USCIS, which will be difficult to get, but one

can always try.

Only a consultation qualified immigration attorney could straighten out the exact immigration history of someone like this and give the correct advice.

Larry L. Doan, Esq.

http://GuruImmigration.wordpress.com (blog)

www.GuruImmigration.com (click on Contact Us)

Note: The above response is provided for legal information only and should

not be construed as legal advice, nor to create an attorney-client

relationship, which can only be established through payment of

consideration. We do not offer free advice except for the information provided herein on FindLaw Answers which has

been screened. If follow-up advice on your specific situation is

desired, please visit my website www.GuruImmigration.com for more details.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Create New...