Sign in to follow this  
thechubster

Damage only-Driver duty

I am being accused of clipping the bumper of an occupied car in a parking lot and driving away i was contacted by the local PD at my home and informed of this the officer checked my car there was no damage to my car but there was damage to the other car the officer took the report and pictures and left 1 month later i received a summons to appear in court for an arraignment there calling the violation(DAMAGE ONLY-DRIVER DUTY) I think this person is trying to get there car fixed at my expense the thing is i was at this location i don't deny that however i do deny hitting anybodys car!!! what should i do ???

Guest FindLaw_Amir

What is the summons concerning? If you have not damaged this individual's car, then you may want to contest this issue in court to prove your innocence. Before proceeding, you may want to consult with a local Lawyer to advise you of your options.

In any future posts, please make an effort to use something that resembles proper capitalization and punctuation. Doing so will make it easier for others to read and understand what you write.

As for what you should do, you obviously should put your insurance company on notice of what is happening and appear at the hearing. Consulting with a local attorney would be advisable since leaving the scene of an accident may be more than a mere traffic offense under the laws of your unidentified state.

In all deference to "pg1067", it's very difficult to sort out where one sentence begins and another ends. Punctuation and capitalization in forums like this are as much a matter of respect for those you're seeking assistance from, as it is a grammar issue.

Also, as "pg1067" indicated, it would be difficult, as well, to give you any legitimate response if you don't reveal what State this occurred in, as the laws on such matters may differ greatly.

I am not an attorney. My comments are made based on my training and experience as well as diligent research. I am also not perfect, therefore, I will accept constructive criticism, if tendered with respect.

thechubster said...

While i appreciate your advice on my question, i don't need you giving me grammar lessons Give me a break !! i didn't realize that was so important and if so i don't need your advice !

There's no need to be a prick about this. I did not give you a "grammar lesson[]." All I did was make a simple request -- in a polite manner -- and explained why it would be beneficial to do so. I assume anyone of moderate intelligence can infer that, if readers have difficulty reading or understanding what one writes, the chances of getting incorrect information in response (or the chance of getting no responses) increases. Of course, if it is such an imposition to use basic capitalization and punctuation -- as I'm sure you were taught by the 4th or 5th grade -- you are free not to do so.