dondlels

insurance

<msg type='mb' version='1'><msgText>i was in an accident and i did not have insurance at the time. I got insurance the same day. The person I hit filed a claim with the state of Missouri for damages totaling 2600.00 for injuries and medical cost. I in-turn put that amount of money up with the state as a payment for the person. The person's attorney then filed a claim with his insurance company under the uninsured motorist portion of his policy for 25,000.00 dollars and the insurance company paid it. Now they want me to reimburse them for that amount of money. MY question is. Is there a possible fraud being committed here by the attorney, his client, or both. Second, was there negligence committed by the investigator, or claims adjuster for the insurance company? Third, what legal recourse do I have against all parties as well as legal defense?

Edited by FindLaw_AHK
This post has been moved to the appropriate folder. -Moderator

His insurance company is free to expect you to cough up (of course we cannot know precisely what you mean by "filed a claim with the state of Missouri") and whether the insurance company could, if it sued you, win more than $2600.

"Is there a possible fraud being committed here by the attorney, his client, or both."

I'm not sure what you expect folks to say in response to this. Anything's possible, sure. That doesn't mean there's any evidence of it just because his insurance company paid out the policy limits (for all we know he underestimated his "claim" filed with the state or filed it before he ought have/before he knew what the level of med bills and such would be, let alone it may have excluded pain and suffering angle).

"Second, was there negligence committed by the investigator, or claims adjuster for the insurance company?"

How the heck could we possibly be expected to know the answer to this? :)

"Third, what legal recourse do I have against all parties as well as legal defense?"

It's unclear why you think you have a cause of action against anyone (unless you're asserting the accident was this guy's fault, in which case you'd sue him for your damages).

As for your defense, we couldn't possibly know what defenses you have. You haven't even said you've been sued. You're free to ignore his insurance company unless and until they sue you; if they sue you, naturally you will want to talk with a lawyer.