genialuv

Contracted body shop didn't fix my car

My car was hit by a man who had a huge trailer attached to his truck at a strange angle. Immediately after I drove my car my steering wheel would shake if I drove over 60mph. There was also some cosmetic damage. I had no problem with the other party. I decided to take it to a body shop that is contracted with the insurance.

They fixed the cosmetic parts of my car but they did nothing about the way it drives now. The auto body shop told me, my car was old (00 Honda accord) and there was nothing they could do about it.

Well my car needs to be fixed and it's been about 4 months and I need to get it fixed, it drives so rough I have to turn my radio up real loud. I live in Oklahoma and I know the statute od limitations is 2 years but am I able to take it somewhere else to get it fixed? I've called the adjuster and left message but he wont call me back. What can I do?

Check on your laws for your state, like you have on stature. For the most part, the Insurance Company that has a "contract" with should stand behind the repair as long as you own the vehicle. I would call the 800 number you used to call in the claim. Anyone should be able to handle the question you have. Make sure you have the claim number to give them when you call to make it easier to look up the information. If the other party's Insurance Company does not help you, you can contact your Insurance Company to tell them what is going on to see if they can help. Finally, you can contact the Insurance Commissioner in your state to start a claim with them.

NOTE: For the most part, when an estimate is generated, they should look for the "point of impact" and around the area for damage. They should send your vehicle to alignment. What they tell you is that if the alignment shop finds that the damage is a part of the damages, the Insurance Company should pay for the additional repair. If is not a part of the damage then you are responsible to pay for the additional repair at the alignment shop.

Good luck with this, I hope it helped.

×
×