Sign in to follow this  
emmtjay

what now?

On 12/15/10, I was backing out of my parking pad when a work van was driving up the alley. The employee contacted his employer and took my name and number in case there was something wrong. I never heard anything. Then, on 3/18/11, I received a bill for $1042. I never received a copy of an estimate; I never received anything from employer; and I was contacted in reference to my insurance information. They want me to pay this bill. But, I haven't seen anything stating what was wrong with the vehicle. I touched the mirror. I stopped way before the was actual collision. What legal recourse do I have and what is the statue of limitations on filing non-injury claim against someone in Maryland. Thanks.

emmtjay said...

what is the statue of limitations on filing non-injury claim against someone in Maryland.

You can rest assured that it is a lot longer than 4 months and in fact, a property damage claim has a one year statute of limitations in MD. You have three choices-you can turn it over to your insurer to handle, you can call the company and deal with it yourself or hire an attorney to handle it.

Guest FindLaw_Amir

emmtjay said...

What legal recourse do I have and what is the statue of limitations on filing non-injury claim against someone in Maryland.

Did you resolve this issue?