joanne_0882

failure to yield right away

I was coming out of a parking lot to a main road I looked to the left and to the right nothing was coming so i started to enter roadway when I did someone entered right in front of me and I hit him I wasn't even going 2 miles an hour no damage to my car less than $1000 damage to his car. we exchanged information and I went home. when I was already in my house the cop came to my house and issued the ticket for failure to yield the right away and also gave me a breatholizer I was over the legal limit but did not get a ticket for DUI because I was already in my house and had a drink in my house I plead not guilty and have got to go back to court. Can they use that test at court even if I did not get a ticket. I live in new york state town of halfmoon.

I'm not clear why you posted on this board.

You talk about not getting a ticket for (or being arrested for?) DUI and yet you talk about pleading not guilty and needing to go back to court. Not sure what you expect folks to make of this.

If there are criminal charges involved here, get your buns off the internet and seek a local criminal attorney.

Ah, I've belatedly figured out the garbled.

You've evidently plead "not guilty" to a failure to yield ticket (correct me if I'm wrong).

If you weren't cited for DUI, it's not clear what relevance you think the breathalizer test would be (and, by the way, it's not clear why you'd agree to a breathalizer in the first place).

Bottom line is that you were coming out of a parking lot at the time, and I'm not clear how you steer your way around (no pun intended) the ticket for not yielding the right of way. Talk with a local traffic law attorney (unless the cost of that would far outweigh the insurance consequences of whatever points from a failure to yield ticket).

Guest FindLaw_Amir

joanne_0882 said...

Can they use that test at court even if I did not get a ticket.

Did you resolve this issue?

×
×