Sign in to follow this  
fishman3113

wyoming law

I was in an accident with a school bus in wyoming! The accident happened in a four way intersection with no traffic control signs whatsoever. I am wondering who has to yield to whom in this situation. I was the vehicle to the left and the school bus was to the right. We met in the middle of the intersection. The officer investigating said after that he was placing no blame but was giving me a ticket for failure to yield. Your help would be very helpful since i have no money to hire a lawyer and i have to defend myself on the 18th of November. Thank You!

Guest FindLaw_Pierre

Hopefully no one was hurt.

This is a completely off the cuff answer, but I believe that generally speaking, when coming to an intersection without a Stop or Yield sign (uncontrolled intersection), you should slow down and prepare to stop.

However, remember that no one has the right of way per se. In other words, if there is already a car in the intersection, they get to go first. If two people arrive at the same time, I was always taught to yield to the vehicle on the right. I thought this was a commonly understood rule of the road.

Think of it this way, if everyone knew this and applied it, we could avoid a majority of accidents. As a side note, I believe the rule originated from admiralty because there are no lanes and you need rules/laws that are applied in a blanket fashion.

Here is a helpful link which puts the rule in perspective; Right of Way.

Hope this helps.