Sign in to follow this  
tannerzio

car accident

i got into a car accident on aug. 31, 2010 in sedro-woolly, wa and i had no drivers license and i am 17. the car had incerence on it. the cop gave me a $550 fine and i havent payed any of it and i havent told the court that i had moved. the ticket said that i had 15 days to pay but its been like 25 days since the accident. what legal trouble am i in. and will it effect me from getting a driers license?

[This post has been moved to the appropriate forum. - Moderator]

In future posts, proper capitalization would be a good idea. Car having insurance on it isn't necessarily relevant to anything (though if WA requires insurance and there was proof of insurance in the car, that may have saved you yet another citation). Just because the car was insured doesn't mean you cannot be successfully pursued for cost of damages to whatever it is you damaged.

You haven't been quite specific about what you mean by "legal trouble" -- with the state or ...? One presumes that failure to pay a fine in a timely manner means more $$$ in terms of penalties and fees, and perhaps more points with the state motor vehicles folks.

Yes, you can count on this affecting your ability to get a driver's license. :)

Where are your parents in all this? You should be able to ask them to help you figure out what's what here.

Review the Revised Code of Washington Title 46: Motor Vehicles (apps.leg.wa.gov). Here is another resource on traffic violations (FindLaw) that may be useful.

You can consult with a local traffic ticket attorney in Sedro-Woolly, WA (FindLaw Lawyer Directory) to discuss the situation in detail and how your driving privileges may be affected. Here is a guide to hiring a lawyer (FindLaw) for your convenience. Some attorneys do offer a free consultation.

Good luck.